Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What it means

Ever wonder what people think when they get home and start taking their groceries out of an Earth Day grocery bag? Here's a report just in from Kristina Villena at Sunset Hills Elementary in San Diego, California:


The day after Earth Day, we got a letter from a member of the community who had received one of our bags.


"My husband came home from Stater Brothers that day with his groceries in some of the most beautiful bags I've ever seen. Each grocery bag was a one of a kind masterpiece, evidently created with incredible love for our planet and others. I only know the names of a few of the artists but I wanted them to know how their gifts to our family (and the Earth!) impacted us. I was overwhelmed with such happiness when I first saw them that I nearly cried in joy!"


Thanks for such a great project!

No comments: