Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day!


Earth Day 2007, Burien, WA - 1
Originally uploaded by mahlness.
Just a quick post on Earth Day. Yesterday I was in nearby Burien, Washington, and decided to stop into a grocery store, just to see. I never shop there, don't know anything about the store or its surrounding community...

Hanging above the checkstand area of this Albertsons were dozens of Earth Day Grocery Bags and globes. How cool. Made me wonder how many thousands (hopefully) of other stores will be passing them out, with their beautiful kid messages and artwork.

It is that wondering, coupled with hope, that keeps all of us leaning forward, I think. Happy Earth Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had our local grocery turn us down. They said it was a health issue to pass out the bags. Has anyone else encountered this problem? An out of town market did work with us, but few of our kids' families would normally shop there.

Anonymous said...

Yes, here in CT they said the same thing. he asked me to bring him more info so he could talk to his manager.

Anonymous said...

My local grocery store said the same thing; but, I went to the next nearest one (same company)...and that manager said yes.

I guess it still depends on the manager.